Thursday 3 December 2009

Hiatus

To my readers,

I regret to inform there will be no more Puut'n It Down for a short time. Unfortunately real life issues are getting the better of me and even though I have tried, I realized that I simply do not have enough hours in the day to maintain the blog at the level I would like to. I am about to enter a couple of weeks of finals and, this being my senior year of college, I cannot treat these commitments lightly. My personal WoW experience has already taken a substantial hit (my raid attendance has dropped some 35% in the last 2 months); and when I am barely able to make my raiding schedule it makes it near impossible to maintain this blog as well.

However, I am more pleased to say that this will only be a short break. I plan to pick it up again in early/mid January over my winter break when I have gotten myself back into the game and community again.

The page will still be here for you to still have access to the gear guides and such, but I will not be performing updates during this time.

I encourage you to all return in January and rekindle your readership. I thank all of you for your support over this time and for making this blog as overwhelmingly successful as it has been. When I started I thought a couple hundred views would be amazing, and in the 7 months the site has been up it has generated over 50,000 hits.

If you need to contact me, I am still always available at puutnitdown@gmail.com. Other than that, enjoy the release of Icecrown (as I am fairly sure it will be released in this down period) and I look forward to writing for you all again in the near future.

Best of luck,

-Puut

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait til you come back. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just started reading your blogs sorry about the problems i just got out of college my self for game devolpment i submited an application for blizzard gonna miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader, I'll keep an eye on your blog. Waiting for your come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Puut!! Hurry up with that college nonsense, we need quality information about ICC loot, how to spend badges, and so on. Good luck in school and hurry back =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything! I've been working on a shaman blog of my own, though lately I've focused on the lore aspects of the shaman rather than more useful info. Look forward to your return and more theorycrafting on elemental!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, hope school's going well and that you can senior-slack enough to come back to blogging soon! :) Didn't start following your blog until right before you went on hiatus, looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with everything. I just wanna say thanks for making this blog. I am a new player who just hit 80 two weeks ago and your advice has help me out. Thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad it could help you out. I am sorry the originally planned brief hiatus has been drawn out considerably, I will attempt to pick it up at some point down the line. Until then, good luck and have fun!

    -Puut

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
Puut'n It Down: The Elemental Shaman Blog by Puut is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.